Highways & Roadways – Structures – Pedestrian & Bicycle
NCM Engineering Corp principals and staff specialize in the delivery of transportation infrastructure improvements for roadways/highways, bridges and associated project elements and have led the design and project delivery efforts for over 200 projects. NCM provides dedicated and responsive staff who have specialized experience with the following project components:
- Multiple agency coordination experience – Caltrans, FHWA, USACE, USFWS, CDFW, RWQCB, cities, counties regional authorities, etc.
- In-depth knowledge of project delivery for local, State and Federal Aid projects
- Demonstrated expertise developing reliable project cost estimates for planning purposes and for construction bid packages
- Thorough understanding of Caltrans, AASHTO, AREMA and other design procedures, policies, codes, requirements and specifications
- Experience performing comprehensive constructability analysis and review
- Flexibility to react to changing project needs
- Commitment to delivering projects “on-time” and “on-budget”
- Accurate and reliable project reporting
NCM principals and staff specific career experience includes feasibility studies, planning, preliminary engineering, environmental clearance support and management, final design and development of PS&E for projects with the following components:
- Roadway and Highway Rehabilitation and Widening
- Highway Safety Improvements
- Roadway Extensions
- Intersection modifications
- Roadway/Railroad Grade Separations
- Roadway to Expressway and Expressway to Freeway Conversions
- Interchange Modifications/Reconstruction and New Interchanges
- Bridge Rehabilitation and Seismic Retrofit
- Bridge Widening
- Bridge Replacement and New Bridges
- Pedestrian and Bicycle Facilities
Highways & Roadways
NCM highway and roadway project experience includes small local road and intersection improvements, roadway/railroad grade separations, conventional highways, freeways and freeway interchanges, as well as management and design through all project delivery phases, as well as Design-Build delivery.
NCM principals and staff manage and design highway and railroad structures projects that include roadway/highway crossings, roadway/railroad grade separations, creek and river bridges and major water crossings. In addition to locally funded projects, NCM specializes in the delivery of Federally funded Highway Bridge Program rehabilitation and replacements and development and delivery of Bridge Preventive Maintenance Programs.
Pedestrian & Bicycle Facilities
NCM provides planning and final design services for pedestrian and bicycle facilities, such as Class I paths, mixed use trails and structures.